Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need some advice

Donnie Domingue · 2026-03-28 19:51

I have a 1977 versatile with a 855 Cummins I'm doing a fuel injector change I have set my timing by putting a long ¼in extension in the #6 and watch it for movement at the same time watch #1 fuel injector for movement both seem to be on target I'm doing the 6turn method i ran into a problem when I got to #2 it bound down and would not turn I'm doing it the order of 1-5-3-6-2-4 turning the accessories pulley to the right at the front of the motor clockwise the problem I'm having is there's no a-b-c on the accessories pulley only 1-6 / vs 5-3 /vs 2-4/vs and I can't find a mark to line them up

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2026-04-06 20:04

    You might have better luck if you put this in the Ag section and have admin delete this. I would name the thread "Setting timing on a Versatile with 855 Cummins".

  2. #2Welder Dave2026-04-09 02:21

    Truck Shop can probably help you. He's the Guru on 855 Cummins and trucks in general. Could ask in the truck section but like KSSS says put Cummins 855 in the title. It's much more specific.