I have r&r'd dozens of pumps. Evan have rebuilt a handful. I decided to leave this one alone even though I thought that the dealer's quote was ridiculously high. I have never done one on a 3054c. For those that care Machine serial FDP20590 Engine CRS07701 Looks like a Delphi type 1405 (looks like a Delphi, the tag actually says 1405). I had a little down time while waiting for a client to show up to look at the shrapnel in an engine oil filter on a C3.4. So I was cruising around the internet looking for info on the job. I don't know if I just watched and read the wrong posts, but it looked like it required a lot of cat specific tools that I would have to round up to lock down the timing ("make your own timing marks on the dampener?" ... "4* below tdc?"... " specific engine barring tool for the dampener?"... Pulling rocker arms and shimming them with feeler guages... And what the hell is the piston height tool that I need to insert in cylinder #1 or #5 after pulling an injector?). Is this job really that complicated or am I just overwhelmed with the workload I already have? I can't tell.
This is the only Delphi FIP that is mentioned for an FDP-prefix machine.