Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I really could use some help!

kobb4295 ยท 2013-10-31 11:09

I have a JD 310C and it spopped moving forward in any gear. I drained and cleaned the reverser filter and it started back moving in forward for a short time. The filter had dark brown or black flakes stopping it up. I an not sure what the flakes were or where they may have come from. This continued another time or two so I replaced the reverser and torque converter with rebuilt units. After just a day the hoe will not move in forward again. The oil level is judt barely high, could this cause the problem? I havent yet dropped the bottom on the reverser to check the filter but I will this weekend. I would think that the rebuilt reverser should have solved my travel problems but it didnt; what am I missing here? Someone tell me what else I need to try or what else it could possibly be. I hate to think the rebuilt reverser is bad, its a real pain to change out and expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kobb

Replies4
  1. #1Dickjr.2013-10-31 15:03

    I'm not real familiar with these , but I wonder if you flushed the cooler , it may have had trash in it that ended up in your pick up screen. Just a thought.

  2. #2kobb42952013-10-31 15:59

    Thanks **** I really appreciate your responce! I'll do my best to flush the system this weekend when I check the filter. This think really has me worried after I just spent over 3k for the reverser and torque converter. I know it has an oil cooler at the radiator but there couldnt have been much oil left when changing everything out....could there?

  3. #3Dickjr.2013-10-31 16:08

    I hope this fixes it , but yes the trash sometimes settles in coolers in the corners n such. I know it takes a certain amount of pressure to operate the revereser , this would kill the pressure. I know our local CAT dealer will advise replacing trans filters and sending them in to be checked , change the filters every 10 hours until it finally checks clean. This is not cheap but cheaper than the alternative.

  4. #4Browne2013-10-31 19:01

    does it look like something from one of these http://www.griggslawnandtractor.com/media/12/a20792912ff57f962bb8d7_m.JPG ?............