Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Idle speed on 580 E

crs36 ยท 2008-07-28 20:01

I was having some trouble's with the idle spped being quite high. At first I thought it was normal, but after replacing the tach drive I got the tach operational again. Service manual sure help's! It was at 1500 plus, now 900-1100. It now longer wheely's on each direction change, but I was wondering if the idle was set high intentially? Any thought's? PS hourmeter now work's too, 1591 hour's now, guess the tachdrive was out for quite a while. Chris

Replies2
  1. #1RonG2008-07-29 06:02

    When the motor supports get worn on those it changes the length of the linkages.You will notice changes in the forward/reverse lever position too.Ron G

  2. #2crs362008-07-29 15:21

    Yeah sometimes I have to jiggle the forward reverse lever to get her to start. Neutral start may be out of alignment? Have to check on how big a job/cost it is to change out the motor mount's. Machine has a few other issue's I'm tackling as time permit's. - Gauges aren't working. - Only one rear wheel has brake's - Machie is all over the road when roading. - Cab floor need's a scrape and repaint - Pins and bushing's - front right window is missing