Imagine the story's they would tell.. First, I'd like to thank the people at Johnson Cat in Riverside Ca, for allowing me to snap some pics. http://www.johnson-machinery.com/index.php Earlier today, I ran to Riverside to pick up some corner bits for the D9T I'm running out by Victorville. After getting the used parts managers OK, I grabbed my camera and went out back to the Caterpillar grave yard. Imagine the story's we would hear if these tractors could talk... Enjoy.....
Good pics Pete, brings back memories, eh?
Yes it does... I must have been walking around back there for over an hour. Many of those pieces back there I once ran as a kid. 2U's, 36A's, 988A's, 977L's and the legendary DW21. I think the first pic in post #9 might be a DW21. Yeah.....those were good times....
Thanks for posting the fruit of your labors here. I've done the same thing up here at our Cat house, while waiting for parts to come in. They used to have quite a large boneyard out back, with some stuff going back to the thirties. Poking around old equipment in various stages of being dismantled is fun... I don't care who ya are.
Thanks Pete, those are the “Ghosts of Progress†Kelly
Welcome to HEF Kelly...
Thanks,Pete.I felt like I was looking at porn.That word might get nuked by the managment or word police but it was excruciatingly enjoyable to see those pics!!!Ron G
Nope...I'm not touchin that one :cool2
Great pics! As a kid growing up in the San Bernardino area we would use the 91 freeway for trips to Orange County and pass by the Johnson dealership. The best part of the drive for me was seeing what machine Johnson had on display out in front. There was also Deere and Ford tractor dealerships on the same road close by if I remember correctly. Thanks!
Beautifull pictures as always Pete!:drinkup :drinkup Where is the King? This must be the right place for him to find some "new" equipment that can be saved from the iron plant.
Thanks for the memories. Hi, RollOverPete. I reckon the memories would have been coming thick and fast wandering through that yard. Great shots. Thanks for sharing. I had the same thought about the bones of that 'whateveritwas' in the first photo in post #9. The 'vultures' have sure been busy there. Thanks again.
One mans trash is another mans treasure