If you could special order a hoe . as in take this part from cat this one from case another from komatsu. And combine it all in one machine what would you guys do
:usa:notworthyWould buy the whole Cat over any parts off of the other two.
I'd buy a Menzi Muck.....
it would have... 1. a pocket/storage bin ALONG side the seat somewhere (not behind), large enough to hold a set of 11" x 17" plans so i don't have to stand up, turn around to get to them, and put them back. 2. it would have a preset "craning" mode...that would give me all the power i want, but at a greatly reduced hydraulic oil flow rate for setting manholes, concrete pipe., etc. they would put a rocker switch on one either the hoist or crowd lever that would allow me to go from the craning/precision work, to "rock and roll" as soon as the lifted item has been disconnected without me taking my hands off the control, my eyes off the work being done, and looking for, reaching for a mode button on the dash. 3. make the control panel a touch screen like on an I-phone, and give me a calculator that pulls up on there so i'm not digging around in my pockets, cubby holes for a calculator.
What Dayexco said with space for a grease gun, shifting spanner, hammer and rag, plus a Cat engine and pumps on a Hitachi frame/undercarriage....plus I want the auto-pilot option
self cleaning undercarriage!!!
Tool storage is nice, the simple need right now stuff when changing from the hammer to bucket, etc. Like the rocker/button for slowmo to rock and roll. Large open viewing area in ALL directions is wonderful(including up). For the type of work I do I prefer to have a nice long UC. Aside from that and what DAY wanted should do me good. Trbo
I would like the high wide under carrage that Cat uses on there forestry machines with the tilt feature Hitachi contols and pumps Cummins engine a cab off the new Volvo hoes a heads up display with the gps info would be great.
YouTube - johnny cash-one piece at a time
A big spacious cab with a build in drinks cooler would be a start for me, and a safe pin grabber hitch
I would take a 350D deere put cat uc on it and a huge cab with an awesome radio with a sub and 4 6x9s and a sattelite radio built in with a cell phone booster that would be the ticket What do u guy's think of that ? \
Dont like cell phones in the cab somthing i got from dad i guess he even used to rip the radios out of the cab said mind on your work and my machine how you guna hear a bearing goin if you got that micheal jackson guy blarrin
I'd like to use the steel from a CAT and form it into a Hitachi, then get some of that hydraulic power found in Kobelco's with the fuel economy of a Case all topped off with the latest JCB 'js' cab and you would have a tool! However has anyone used a machine from any manufacturer lately that was actually that bad you couldn't get the job done? You could spend and make a 'perfect' machine, but you can't seem to buy good back up.
Whoever figures that one out will be very rich.:drinkup
I worked for a company (Thompson Brothers) that use to get new gear from the dealership. Bring it to the shop and take the radio out. but everone use to just wear walkmans or bring a small radio in the cab.
Well said and it seems to be the same all over.
Dayexco - 1/3- Great idea on the pocket and calculator. 2- For craning/precision work, Volvo's have a dedicated 'Fine' mode that does exactly that - flip a switch at your wrist and engine RPM/flow drops to 1 pump only and pressure goes to max and stays there unlike a powerboost that times-out. Flip it back and you're rockin'.
I am guessing that a shifting spanner is like the newfie Tumwrench? /end Canadian humor
I'd take a Cat hoe, throw in a Cummins for fuel economy, and Komatsu's hydraulic system for fast cycle times. Always liked the durability of Cat hoes but I've always felt a Komatsu will typically walk them in speed.
I worked for Thompson Bros for several years, we ever worked together? I used to just bring a walkman too. Last time I worked for them though it was getting better. Some machines had radio's and a few even had A/C lol
I would take the tracks and blade from a Kobelco blade runner.