Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 260A backhoe

Dave Neubert · 2022-05-31 16:42

anyone have any info on timing the Bosch VA injection pump before removing it

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2022-05-31 17:41

    I'd look at redpower site for the instructions for that engine model.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2022-05-31 18:43

    Thanks I did

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-05-31 21:11

    There’s a side cover plate on the pump.. remove it & let it drain.. You’ll see a pointer w a flat on it.. Rotate the engine by hand until a small line comes into view and lines up with the flat on the pointer.. then check the degrees on the flywheel.. most I’ve done are 19*btdc.

  4. #4Willie B2022-05-31 21:17

    Gee, I was about to suggest they contact you.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-05-31 21:26

    I almost didn’t open the thread..& I really don’t know why I did.. I never open a thread w just an engine mdl or tractor mdl..

  6. #6Dave Neubert2022-05-31 21:48

    thanks