Found an IH 7500 for sale, it's believe it's a '16 model. It's set up perfectly for what we want to do. Only problem is that is has the Maxxforce 9 engine and they parked it due to water in the oil. I'd like to ditch that engine and drop in an L10 from the truck were using currently. The rest of the truck is basically worn out. My question is if this is possible, and how much work is it gonna be. The N9 is bolted to an 8LL. L10 is bolted to an Eaton 10 speed. Thanks in advance.
You can build the engine mounts and do the fuel and water and intake plumbing. I would think the real work is gong to be building a dash and trying to get gauges/ lights/ electrical. But I don't much care for electrical, and get along well with the fab work. Anything is possible, it really just depends what your time/ labor costs you, and what your skill set is. Another factor is how fast you need the truck put together and working. No one else is ever going to want to work on it. (Dealer/ shop) For just a standard straight truck/ tractor, I'm going to guess it would make way more sense money and time wise to just find a truck with a engine and transmission that you want.
Don’t know about feasibility; but have a L10/8ll dump. Great bush truck with walking beams and 5.39 rears… Good luck!
Yes a man must be cautious where he puts his skill set in his wheelhouse, he might lose it amongst all the other items piled there.
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. ~ Dabbler
Only in some rare cases. Sorry I'm not the dabbler on here, I'm not in construction, construction is the main requirement.
I wish you luck Rowdy. There are so many dead rigs with Maxx farce engines sitting around. It would be nice to recycle them into something useful. Be the change you want to see. I believe in you.
New International trucks are complete junk, id only use the rear axles and the bed and put it on your old truck.