I am wondering if anyone knows how much oil goes in to an Allison 4 speed forward 2 reverse transmission. I would like to fill it up then see where the level is on the dipstick. This is on a ts14--7uot. Has a 671 up front with the 4 speed. Allison model CLT 3441-1
Assuming by your post, you are in doubt about the dip stick reading ? There should be two 1/8" pipe plugs on the rear cover one above the other. Top plug is full with engine running. The old TS 24s had petcocks in the ports.
Yes, I am trying to find out how much oil goes into this transmission. The front trans dipstick is a different length than the rear trans dipstick and both have been remarked with grinders. There are no pipe plugs for oil level. This is my machine I purchased at rb auction. Auction means problems. Google seems to be little help as I am finding out. I am waiting on a guy to give me a reply if he can get a transmission suction filter( goes in the oil pan). I don't work on this machine steady so fixing takes a while.
Sorry about the plug locations, I was thinking 5000 series Allison, Check the sides of the main case on a 3000 series, There should be 2 plugs or petcocks about 2 1/2" apart vertically just above the oil pan gasket. I just don't remember which side.
i will take a look in my books and try and get back to you i have a guy that can get you most parts out of Regina if parts are a problem. not that knowledgeable with the ts 14 but it should have had a 4-71 not a 6-71 i think you have been re-powered with more HP.
Thanks for the replies. My problem is that this transmission runs almost twice as hot as the rear transmission. I use a snap on IR thermometer on exactly the same spot on both transmissions and the front trans is around 200*f . I decided that the front trans may have to much oil. I drained the trans oil to look at the suction filter in the pan and saw some stuff stuck on to the glass media(screen), figured I would order a new filter. Well, no numbers on the old filter, and no help from Terex, Wajax in Canada. I found a similar filter on google images, gave Redhead equipment in Regina a number and they crossed it to a Baldwin number. I got the new filter and it is close to what I need so I will modify it and try, but winter set in and the outdoors is my shop. If lower oil level doesn't fix the heating problem then I believe something is wrong on the input side of the transmission because I started the machine up to use air for something and without turning a wheel the transmission temp climbed up at idle. The transmission drain plug is magnetic and I saw half of the magnet, so not much filings. Finding a filter has taken a lot of time First thing I did was to make sure the trans vent is clear. This machine looks like the Euclid and I saw some with 6-71 on the internet. ts14b were all 4-71 and 6 speed that I operated back in the 1980s hehe. Thanks.
Will your TS14 heap up like that without a push dozer? Nice looking TS14, always liked the Euclid front noses.
Sorry for the deceiving picture. The load is dry manure and was loaded with a loader. Now this allowed me to watch transmission temps because I would load the scraper with a loader while the transmission cooled, then run for 10 minutes to unload and shut off for about 1 hr.
I was wondering because that load looked a little too neat. I've been around a Brazilian TS14B with V6 front and rear, it would load itself, just not completely heaped. I like the idea of a 6-71 in the front.
I would appreciate it if I could get info of where to get parts. Thanks.
I would appreciate finding out where I can get parts. Thank you.
Emerald Services Inc 3091 Industrial Dr N Regina SK (306) 525-6208