Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH TD-15B Identification Tag

Philologus · 2019-04-08 20:53

I purchased an International TD-15 Series B (or at least that is what the decals say!). It started good, turned good, has powershift 2 speed transmission and Carco winch. Undercarriage looked good and was supposed to have been redone several years ago. Blade is not in top shape, but will do for my needs. Where can I find the “boiler plate” on this old girl? I searched everywhere and could not find it! So I don’t have a model number or serial number. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies6
  1. #1FWD2019-04-09 20:18

    Try under the hood on the right side of the engine. Look back toward where the gauges are. There could be a plate there. They are in that area on some IH dozers. FWD

  2. #2oarwhat2019-04-09 22:10

    We owned one of these for many years. It was very early and had the smallest engine they started with. It was a pushin fool. The only problems we had were a leaking transmission or oil cooler near the radiator and the tracks were wore out. Ugly as hell but always did it's job.

  3. #3bam19682019-04-10 08:30

    If I recall the TD 20B that I used to have had the ID plate somewhere on the seat frame.

  4. #4John C.2019-04-10 10:03

    The tags used to be on the front of the seat frame down behind where your right leg would be when you are sitting in the seat. I seem to remember there was a place where they stamped the frame. It might have been on the back corner above the sprockets at the top of the frame.

  5. #5FWD2019-04-11 18:24

    John C is correct. If the plate is missing. there would be a number stamped the frame also in the area he said. DWF

  6. #6R.D.G0132019-04-12 05:18

    Looks like an early 15B with the DT 361 engine, some had a plate on the seat frame under the L H armrest on the outside of it.