Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH TD 20B brake discs

wrwtexan ยท 2011-02-06 00:56

Hello, I am new to this forum but really enjoy reading the posts and all of the great pictures! I prefer Cat machines but resurrected an old IH TD20B that had sunk into blackland half way up the tracks. It runs great and is a real performer, but I am having difficulty getting parts for it as Komatsu has what was IH construction now. The machine is used for occasional farm work and I don't want to pour money into it as it is an orphan. Does anyone here have or know where I could get some decent bronze lined brake discs? I tried to find a company to have them relined but have not found any. I have thought about having a friend laser cut some new discs and rivet lining them as a last resort.

Replies1
  1. #1Username2011-02-09 02:50

    Have you tried F.P. Smith out of California? They've supplied alot of obscure IH parts for people I know.