Ive got a IH TD 8C that won't move, pushed into a brushpile, stopped and went to back up and nothing. Flipped floor plate up and driveline just barely moves with engine at full throttle. Im only a mechanic by necessity but can usually figure things out, I would appreciate any help.
I've got a Dresser TD8G which may be a similar setup to yours, not for sure though. Mine had similar problem and I ended up having to replace transmission pump. If its like mine you could loosen line on outlet side of pump to see if your getting pressure. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
A good start would be to check hydraulic pressures and filters.
Thanks, I will check pressure like you suggested, I know the pump has been seeping a lot of oil, especially when I push it hard. I don't have any hydraulic pressure either, won't move the blade.
Pushing together burn piles always scares me, and this is why.
Yeah, with my luck or the lack of, I'm always afraid something will give up just as I'm in the pile, luckly the blade was up I was behind a root wad and the fire didnt take off, I tied on to it and pulled it back. Of course it might have been a blessing if the fire would have taken off (LOL)!
Did you check fluid under floor board, they have 2 places for tran one isunder the seat other is under floor board, i always check mine in the floor with machine running, i got a td7c same trans, i got from a fellow, he didnt know a bout dipstick in flooe, and it was very low. Which you might have tried over, but that has a lot to do with pulling.
td8c and td8g are different trans. the g have just one dipstick under the seat; i have a c and a g