Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH TD8c, worth buying?

NHyeti12 · 2019-08-18 20:56

So I’ve been looking for a dozer to do a drive way an some skid roads for my tractor around my property an I’ve come across a few dresser td7/8’s they seem pretty popular but I just found a very nice IH td8c with powershift that’s had a fair amount of new parts seems very nice. So my question is anything in particular with the td8c I should be looking for and are parts interchangeable between the newer dressers like say mounting a winch on one. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2019-08-19 10:44

    I've never seen a "C" model TD8. Are you sure it isn't a G model machine?

  2. #2Tinkerer2019-08-19 11:09

    I ran a TD8 many years ago. Not as nice as a C model. This thread brought back some memories https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/International_TD-8C_Full_Power_Shift

  3. #3John C.2019-08-19 11:47

    Thanks for that article.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2019-08-19 12:29

    Without going back & rereading that thread..IF it has a Bosch "VA" injection pump on it.. they don't make parts for them anymore.. BUT if it starts QUICKLY.. that is a good sign & you'll just have to change the filters more often than anything your use to.. When u go to look at it, MAKE SURE u start it COLD.. Tell the seller NOT TO START IT BEFORE U GET THERE.. & if u get there & the engine is warm.. WALK AWAY..

  5. #5Delmer2019-08-19 14:00

    So pumpguy, are you saying that a worn out Bosch VA pump won't start quickly cold, and that's going to lead to worse issues? Are we talking about a 5 seconds at 50 degrees, or 2 seconds at 70 degrees, and does it make a difference if the engine ran the day before vs two weeks ago?