Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ihi 35j

jayjay363 ยท 2016-04-23 22:54

Hey guys, just picked up a '00 IHI 35J, she's got about 4,000hrs on the clock but seems to run quite well. What I'm asking about is the parts situation, and the reviews of the machine itself. I pick this one up the end of next week, and with a few quirks that need to be worked out, it seems to be a pretty good deal for $12K. The parts that I need are a main boom pin, possibly bushings, and bucket pin and bushings. Are these a part that are readily available, or is some searching going to have to be done? Also does IHI use a brand hydraulic pump commonly found over here in the states? thanks for your help guys!

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2016-04-23 23:53

    http://www.ihicompactexcavator.com/ That's the US distributor and parts warehouse, they'll point you to the dealer nearest you.

  2. #2jayjay3632016-04-24 09:02

    awesome thanks! have you have any seat time in one of their machines? they seem like pretty solid units.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-04-24 14:08

    Been a few years but yes, IHI makes excellent quality machines in my opinion. Ran a couple, worked on a few. Repairs were mostly wear like yours, one grey market machine with boocoo hours needed a rotating group in the swing motor, but we were able to get the parts in a couple days.

  4. #4JD88752016-05-05 00:49

    I've had a 2003 30NX for five years now. It's been a great machine. I put glow plugs in it last winter but that's the only issue I've had. With a little research I got them from a local auto parts store. I gave $10,000 for mine with 1200ish hours on it. It's made me a pile of money and I'd certainly buy another IHI. John

  5. #5maddog2016-05-05 08:34

    owned one a couple years back, wish I didn't have to let it go, great machine. Some parts will swap with other brands you'll just have to research them. As Lantraxco suggested check with those folks they are very helpful.

  6. #6jayjay3632016-06-06 21:07

    I ended up buying a 2004 IHI 28N with 2700 hours. It was $1K more than the 35J but in much much better operating condition

  7. #7maddog2016-06-07 14:49

    keep it greased and stay up with maintenance, it'll give you lots in return.

  8. #8KSSS2016-06-09 00:13

    My first mini ex was a 35J. Bought it for 16K with 1500 hours and traded with about 4000 hours and got 12K out of it. That machine was nothing but money. I would own another IHI in a heart beat, the only reason I don't is because without a dealer close by it is hard to trade. The guys in Etown, Ky did a great job of supporting me. Excellently run organization.

  9. #9earthscratcher2016-06-12 11:24

    i have a 35 also really like there engines,made lots of money with it, no down time, parts are available but on the high side,but probably will not need much,good simple rig. KSSS your P.M.box is full

  10. #10KSSS2016-06-12 22:31

    I cleaned it out, let me know if there is still a problem.

  11. #11MrFuso2016-07-06 13:18

    I too agree that IHI makes an excellent machine. I wanted to get a 35NX but found a pretty decent deal on a Kubota U35 so I went for it. The people in Etown are great. If you ever need anything from them, ask for Bart. He seems to know a LOT and can get you in the proper direction!