Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI 35J thumb

maddog ยท 2011-04-15 08:42

Hello, I have the 35J and am wondering how the aux hydraulic would work as far as hooking up a thumb. I have the thumb and cylinder but not sure if the hydraulics would work correct to use it.

Replies5
  1. #1Danny Steel2011-04-15 15:31

    Thats what I used to rig up my thumb, on my KX 71.......It works slick for me.

  2. #2JD88752011-04-15 18:01

    To run a thumb off the auxillary hydraulics just be sure they are set to the two -way mode. On my IHI 30NX there is a cover on the front of the operators station to the right of the stick, where you can change from one way (hammer mode) to two way (thumb function) then just plumb up a set of quick couplers and go to work. John

  3. #3maddog2011-04-18 06:49

    Thanks I'll check it out

  4. #4maddog2011-05-20 07:58

    Just wanted to say thanks to JD8875 hooked it up and it works GREAT

  5. #5JD88752011-05-21 22:40

    Glad to hear it worked for ya. A thumb is my next fabrication project. John