I've got to go and look at an IHI mini x tomorrow that belongs to a friend of mine. I don't have a model or serial number yet, he said the water separator cracked and it was sucking air and shut off. He by-passed the separator and installed a new electric lift pump. I have tried to help him over the phone but it still has not started, it has a three cyl Izuzu diesel with the box pump set up I have had trouble with air in these systems before but have always been able to get them started. Has anyone else had any fuel related troubles with these machines? Thanks
Checked the machine out today, it is a model 28H ser#WL000423. After checking it out I believe it has a governor problem has anyone else had any experience with one of these?
My IHI 25nx has a fuel shut off on the side of the glass fuel filter. Dumb question but I assume this has not been shut off and then forgot to open again. Wayne
What makes you suspect it has a governor problem? So you're saying the engine will crank, but not run? First thing you need to do is go through the fuel supply system and make certain fuel is being delivered to the injection pump.
Don't believe it is a fuel problem, it has fuel all the way to the injectors. It will not start, the rack is working because I can pull the shut off solenoid out and move the rack by hand and the motor sounds different. The compression is ok and the valves are moving, it will not start when I spray fuel in the intake. As for the fuel shutoff, the separator has been replaced with a different type that does not have a shutoff.
Just for clarification to my knowledge there has never been an H series, unless its a grey market machine. J and n are the older models. I had a 35J with the 3 cyl. Izuzu but never had this issue with it. I
I would say look at the air intake. Remove the filter and try some ether. This should help eliminate two major issues. Wayne
Maybe a dumb question but how good is the fuel that's in it?
Fresh fuel will not start on either tried all the basic stuff, thats why I am thinking governor. Just wondering if anyone has been in one of these engines.
I say undo what ever was just done. I have learned that usually the trouble can be tracked back to the last thing done. Can you hook up the old fuel pump? Was there any reason it had to be replaced? If you are sure you have all filters flowing in the right direction and are getting fuel and air, then you must be looking at the kill or govenor. You might even try contacting IHI at there main US number. I have spoken to them a few times and they were quite helpful. Good luck.