Thoughts on this machine and brand. I’ve never owned or even operated one but have always thought IHI was a very reliable brand of equipment. Wanting one for general use not a heavily used piece for us. It’s also set up to run a brush cutter with an external hyd oil cooler. Thanks
I had a 35J years ago. That machine was excellent, put a ton of hours on it. CES who supports IHI or I think the name is Kato now really was great to work with and did a great job supporting the machine from E-Town, KY. I was interested in buying a 80 sized machine and flow down there and spent a day with it. Meet the owner of CES, loved the machine. I ended up with a Takeuchi and have stayed there ever since, but if I had a dealer close I would have no issue running them. They are spartan on the inside, but they run. The 35J had four pumps and for a small machine, it did a great job multifunctioning.
Tenfo thanks. Yeah I saw your screen name on a lawn site forum talking about that machine. I figured it was you but wasn’t sure. Cool deal. I’ve always thought they were good machines. I’m gonna look further into it. Thanks bud
Tenfo thanks. Yeah I saw your screen name on a lawn site forum talking about that machine. I figured it was you but wasn’t sure. Cool deal. I’ve always thought they were good machines. I’m gonna look further into it. Thanks bud
Came very close to buying a 12k unit from United Rentals in Tucson. Problem immediately off the bat was no one was willing or seemed to know how to get a hydraulic thumb set up for it. Due to the lack of local support we went with a used Kubota KX040-4. Big mistake... broke down all the time, dealer was absolutely awful. Sold it and purchased a 2021 Takeuchi TB260. Excellent machine, unfortunately someone vandalized the glass on it with 30 hrs on the clock and it was difficult to get the new glass because one of the local suppliers went out of business so dealer support is everything.
Wow first time I’ve heard someone not happy with a Kubota excavator.