Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IHI mini’s {35J}

maddog ยท 2011-01-04 10:38

Does anyone have any info on these machines? Also is there a good cross reference for oil filters example; oem to napa fram wix etc... Thanks in advance

Replies7
  1. #1motrack2011-01-04 14:13

    I have a IHI mini that I aquired second hand and its been a good little machine. My local NAPA was able to cross all my filters. Any needed parts are have been available over night or with in two days. Several contractors in my area use IHI machines for their mini's.

  2. #2Dmconstruct2011-01-04 16:34

    I've been running a 28j most of the year, Ive recently maintained it, I had to replace the teeth which matched with a Cat tooth. I cross referenced all the filters except the Hydraulic. Heres a pic from the warwick mall restoration from our historic floods we had here last March

  3. #3maddog2011-01-04 19:35

    Thank's, I just purchased a IHI 35J after looking at some other machines{deere bobcat yanmar etc..}. This machine had less then 2400hrs and everything seems to be in well taken care of shape. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about it, and do all the maintenance before spring gets here.

  4. #4JD88752011-01-06 10:08

    I have an 03 IHI 30NX that I bought in November, so far is been an amazing little machine. It does everything a white or yellow machine would and cost me $5-10K less in investment. So far its been a fuel sipping money maker. Mine came with an esco bucket and teeth, and filters are all wix crossable. My next interest is their CTL. John

  5. #5maddog2011-01-07 08:20

    JD8875 Thanks, seems like most folks like them. There are a lot out there but many have been abused real bad, atleast around here. I was real happy to find this one in good shape.

  6. #6Dmconstruct2011-01-08 11:44

    "fuel sippin money maker" I can run the 28J a full 3-4 days full throttle before fillin er up

  7. #7KSSS2011-01-08 13:31

    I had a 35J. Great little machine. Bought it with 900 hours on it for 16500 (this was a while ago) I put 2000 hours on it and sold it for 13000. The guys at CES in E-town, Ky took very good care of me if I needed anything from them which was not very often. The engine is Isuzu so you know you have a good engine there. It made me money. I would own an other IHI product in a heartbeat.