Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Iightest excavator to lift 1.5 ton

Volvomad · 2019-09-29 18:48

I am looking to lift 1.5 ton gabians with a chain just off the ground , swing 180 degrees and drop them again . The coupler will only need to lift to 7 feet above ground with 4 foot cubes at a distance to just clear the machine . Space is tight ,very tight . Would a 10 ton zero tail handle this?

Replies8
  1. #1hosspuller2019-09-29 19:54

    According to CAT"s website, at 20,000 pounds, you're looking at mini excavators. CAT's small excavators start over 20k. The other issue is the 7 feet coupler height. The boom and stick of a mini will have to be extended to get the height. That pushes the load away from the center. I would be interested in what you are able to find. Just for reading here's a link. https://www.constructionequipment.com/when-excavators-and-backhoes-become-cranes Depending on the distance you're moving the loads, a larger excavator may be a better choice. Then the lift is only an arc in front of the machine instead of 180 degrees.

  2. #2hosspuller2019-09-29 20:27

    Volvomad … Just looked at my Deere 310C TLB lift capacities ... It would do your job. Weighs just 13,000 pounds. Of course with the stabilizers down it's 9 feet wide

  3. #3Volvomad2019-09-30 18:51

    Would that have a similar back bucket capacity as a 6 ton 360 . It has to be a 360 . I had to google the specs . We dont get deer hoes over here . Nice looking machine

  4. #4hosspuller2019-09-30 21:11

    How much distance between the two gabians ? Maybe mount a jib crane on a vehicle?

  5. #5Bls repair2019-10-01 06:09

    Take dipper off lift with boom?

  6. #6CaseFan132019-10-01 19:01

    I think almost all the 55/60 size minis will handle that. I know for a fact my 80 size machine will do that.

  7. #7Volvomad2019-10-01 19:05

    That is an 8 ton machine ,is it ?

  8. #8CaseFan132019-10-01 21:57

    Correct.