hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and had some questions about importing equipment. I am looking to import a piece of equipment that has a cat/perkins 3056 engine but the engine does not have an emissions sticker on it. I have ben told that it could have ben built for Canada and won't meet us epa standards. the model year of the machine is 2005. if any body has any info or advice on this some feed back would be awesome, thanks
Easy. No emissions tag, no import.
2005 would probably be Tier 2, if the engine has a sticker, no problem. If you can get the serial number and get CAT to send you a letter stating the engine was built to the same standards and meets the proper Tier, you MAY be able to get it in, I have on one occasion but that engine was not CAT. Keep in mind that should EPA decide for some reason to come inspect it sometime in the future, they can arbitrarily decide to fine you and make you re export the machine.