Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In need of a PQ controller-40ha- 1600116– 120-813

harveje ยท 2020-11-21 17:28

Does anyone have a good working PQ 1600116 controller they would sell? I'm thinking mines bad but don't want to shell out $250 right now not knowing.. I get 12v to yellow, brakes are releasing, but unit barely moves if it moves at all.. Brown- blue / red have about 1.9v at full sweep.. I know it's PWM and I tried to adjust / set it per the PQ instructions with no luck.. Some days it will move very slowly some days noting at all... Tried toggles in all combination with no improvement.. Thanks,

Replies4
  1. #1colson042020-11-21 18:47

    Try swapping controller with one for lift or tower. My drive controller died this summer, and after 3 hours chasing wires I finally did what I should have started with and swapped harness around in basket control box. All the PQ controllers are the same, so in just swapped plugs around and the drive suddenly worked and my main tower quit. I bought a replacement off eBay for around $160. Edit: I have a 45HA which has four identical PQ controllers on the basket. I don't know if you're machine is the same or not.

  2. #2harveje2020-11-21 22:11

    Sorry I should have clarified mine is the old standard bang bang with only 1 controller.... When I search my # on ebay there 250, and if I knew 100% that that was the issue and my pump was good I'd shell out the $$..By the low serial # I'm going to say it's the OE one.. I've fought one thing or another since I've had it but man it's handy and I'd like to get it driving again vs dragging it around with a tractor..

  3. #3colson042020-11-22 08:21

    When I was troubleshooting my drive PQ controller, I had various voltages from the control box on the basket, all the way to the solenoid, but not enough to activate the solenoid.

  4. #4harveje2020-11-23 21:26

    i've got a hantek (generic pico type)usb scope that I'm going to try to figure out how to hook up on the controller wires to see if I can see the pulse and make heads or tails of it..