Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 33RTS will move reverse but not forward.

gokeeper ยท 2020-11-20 21:48

Today I experienced a new issue with the JLG 33RTS it will move in reverse but not forward. I checked the wording diagram and looked at terminals 8 and 9 both had power when moved in the right direction. I them checked the connection at the piston pump 4 wire connection. When I jumpers across the plug for forward it worked. Thought I had a bad connector cut it off and wired direct. Still the same issue. I then disconnected the reverse wire and forward worked fine. Reconnect reverse and only reverse works. So I swapped the orange and blue wire (forward and reverse) now both work just opposite ends am scratching my head. Ohm out the coils spec says 19/15.5 I got 19.4 and 16.4 ohms. I am getting 3 volts on both wires to the coils. I am getting 90mA on the reverse wire and 50mA on the forward this is the only difference I can fine but can not explain why it works when the wires are reversed. Any ideas?

Replies0

No replies yet.