Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In search of a Komatsu S6D95L-1 engine

Seans problems · 2022-02-08 11:02

Hi everyone, I figured this forum gets a lot of views so I'd post this here. If it needs moved let me know and I will delete it and try somewhere else. I have a morooka altrac with a komatsu S6D95L-1 inline 6cyl. These things are great but this poor thing finally went out on me. A main bearing went and cocked one of the pistons and let it dig into the cylinder wall, and it kept running. I don't think a sleeve is going to do it for this one because its so chewed up. Does anyone have a line on a decent engine I can refurb and stick back in the machine? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Tones2022-02-08 14:40

    You are in landtraxco territory, location and machine. If you message him through this site he could possibly help, even suggest an alternative engine.

  2. #2Seans problems2022-02-08 14:48

    Thank you, I reached out via his website/store. The machine is a 1989 morooka and its in Washington state.

  3. #3John C.2022-02-12 12:26

    Those are a great engine that doesn't wear out very often. They usually go until they break. I haven't seen many used ones being offered for sale. Probably the best people to get a hold of is Fraley Tractor in Wenatchee. They may have one in a parts machine. https://fraleytractor.com

  4. #4southernman132022-02-14 19:21

    I have one in D31P-20. Incredible engine. I’ve never seen another one. All the other D31’s I’ve seen have the 4 cyl turbo engine.

  5. #5Seans problems2022-02-16 13:12

    This one just figured it was time I guess. We have a couple with this engine and a couple with the 4dt engine. great machines until they quit.

  6. #6StevenG2022-02-27 08:47

    NY is a long way from washington. But, https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

  7. #7StevenG2022-02-28 05:48

    http://www.apmheavyduty.com/kmp6207-21-1102-2e.html https://www.heavydutykits.com/product/engine-block-for-komatsu-s6d95l-sa6d95l/