Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

In search of first skid loader….Case xt series

casefan · 2018-09-30 08:30

What is anyone's opinion on the Case xt series? I'm leaning in the direction of finding a good used 85XT or 75XT under 3000hrs & under the $14k price range. I recently used a 85xt & I don't know what happened but I fell in love with the hand controls as I felt more in control. I want to stay clear of anything with known electronic issues & emissions bs so that's why I desire an older machine. I also am drawn to the Cummins engines Case used. I don't see a whole lot of these machines for sale other than driving 250 miles so I'm taking that as a good thing because people hang on to these? Correct me if I'm wrong but again, your reply's are appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mountainlake2018-09-30 08:34

    I've had a Case 75xt for over 10 years , great machine with silky smooth hand controls. Steve

  2. #262oliver2018-09-30 12:24

    I have had a 90xt for a couple years now and love it, its a tank. I really like the hand controls now, once I got used to them, I had an old bobcat with hand/foot controls for many years.

  3. #3KSSS2018-09-30 23:14

    The 85XT had some axle breaking issues. Many were upgraded with 95XT axles. I had a 85XT I bought new in 2000. I much preferred the 95XT and the 70XT both really good machines. I needed the turbo at my elevation. Between the 75 and 85 I would go with the 85, just more robust, axle issue not withstanding.

  4. #4Norwegian Steam2018-10-01 00:57

    The Cummins in those was actually a Consolidated Diesel Corporation engine wasn’t it? IE Cummins design made at a Case foundry?