Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

information about chinese oriental wheel loaders xcmg brand

trombeur · 2025-01-04 02:11

information about chinese oriental wheel loaders xcmg brand: Hi, it's happening to me while going to work at various construction sites, many of which rent heavy oriental Chinese machinery, lately I've seen some small xcmg What do you think of these machines? Robust, durable and reliable, as for the materials, of quality? I was impressed by the forklifts for moving boulders and rocks, they have the shape of the lifting arm robust with an articulated system of leverage and connecting rods look like Clarks, what do you think of these stone block handlers for quarries, perhaps for the precious marble? Thanks, if it were possible I would like some clarification, thanks

Replies16
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-04 19:30

    Who knows how to fix it? Do you still have to pay if they cannot fix? What if they cannot supply parts? Good questions to think about. Have never seen one . What kind of warranty? All is good until you sign on the line without seeing the fine print. Might be a have to pay whether it runs or not. Could tell you lots of in the last 3 years experiences I have had from aftermarket or suppose to fit parts. The stories are not even funny. Company I contracted to totally ripped off. Simon C

  2. #2trombeur2025-01-05 03:07

    advice on historic brands, standard models that you may find parts on the used market from demolitions of old worn-out machinery, fair observation, these machines will end up in the workshop sooner or later if you don't have the technical support of the right mechanic and the right spare parts warehouses you will find yourself with a useless and expensive piece of junk that clutters up the yard thanks for the fair reflection, you are always useful to me as always.

  3. #3Simon C2025-01-05 10:10

    Looks great. One hose fails with some non-standard end and maybe 6 months to get one. Seen it with my own eyes on a Komatsu 200 machine that was 6 months old and took 3 months to get a pipe that got broken on boom. First 2 pipes they sent from overseas were wrong and had to wait for 3rd and correct one. These are get rich schemes, someone else gets rich with your money. Simon C

  4. #4CM19952025-01-05 11:28

    Chinese? No thanks. Not spending my hard earned money on junk.

  5. #5DDoug2025-01-05 12:00

    I see a few things: 1. Those tilt arms stick way up, look to impede view 2. Operator rides on front section.

  6. #6mowingman2025-01-05 12:24

    Yes, parts would be my main concern. Most of those oddballs Chinese built machines usually show up at new dealerships across Texas it seems. You can find some kind of Chinese machinery out working somewhere on most any day. Miniature track hoes seem to to be the popular machine today. They look nice. The problem usually is parts, as, after a couple of years you never see the brand anymore, or see pitiful looking machines being stripped for parts. Surprisingly, the one brand I have seen out on utility around Texas for many years is Kobelco loaders and excavators. I don't know anything about these, but I do know it must be almost impossible to get parts for old Kobelco loaders, as the ones running look very junky, and you see lots of those loaders parked in the weeds and partially stripped. Some Korean brands seem to have suffered the same fact, but not as much so as these from China. I think, if you want to develop your own brand, the Chinese will decal it in any name you want and paint it any color you like so you can get started. All you have to do is pay up front for x many of loaded shipping containers, and "viola", put up that new sign and start selling those new :brand x" machines with plastic on the seat. Sunword America is one of the most recent to appear. They opened a new supply center in Denton, Tx. a few years ago. Someone in their corp office likes aqua blue paint, so there you go.

  7. #792U 34062025-01-05 14:20

    That's one of my gripes about the equipment built overseas. They all seem to use DIN fittings and good luck finding any of those, even around the major centers. Minimum 2 day wait in most cases to get fittings to build a hose in-house.

  8. #8CM19952025-01-05 14:57

    Kobelco is fairly popular here with one of the larger dealers carrying the line. UR has several excavators in their fleet here. I've rented a 300 size with a hammer many years ago.

  9. #9PeterP92025-01-05 17:40

    Im not sure about XCMG, it seems like they are trying to establish a bit of a presence here in B.C. They have a dealer in Chilliwack, with all sorts of gear in the yard. I know that there a few logging outfits in the Prince George area running XCMG hoes and processors. Still wouldn't be my first choice in equipment, but depending on what a fellas doing or how much he's able to spend might not be a bad option.

  10. #10Northern mb2025-01-05 18:04

    I've seen a xcmg forestry processor with 20000 hours at a auction sale so they mustn't be too terrible.

  11. #11Simon C2025-01-05 18:17

    Northern ​ I've seen a xcmg forestry processor with 20000 hours at a auction sale so they mustn't be too terrible. Yes there may be some who get some life out of one of these units. My question is how much does it cost at the end of the day when a sensor goes bad, for one of these guys to come from 5-10 hours away to fix my machine? How many days will it take before they send the field mechanic out to my site. My machine can only break in the middle of a job. It doesn't break down in between jobs. How much experience will the service mechanic have that comes to repair it. Probably none since I have not even seen one yet. Salesman are never in love with you, only your money. They talk so nice. Simon C

  12. #12Northern mb2025-01-06 08:56

    I'm not saying that they are a wise choice but I'm saying that just because they are unknown doesn't necessarily make them a terrible machine. The logging outfit I with for runs only name brand equipment but we have to have a backup for every machine because most parts are a couple days away. The deere log loader I'm sitting in now has required 2 engine rebuilds to get to 20000 hours. As far as getting mechanics out it seems like even with name brand dealers it's a gamble whether you will get a good guy or just some kid on his first day at the job.

  13. #13TVA2025-01-06 08:59

    Those most likely copy of something more known. I know their cranes are exact copies of Demag.

  14. #14nicky 68a2025-01-07 07:10

    I wonder if they’ll become less cost effective once the US puts tariffs on them?

  15. #15Welder Dave2025-01-09 02:11

    Service would be a huge problem. I wouldn't think there'd be much factory training.

  16. #16trombeur2025-01-27 02:59

    It is better to recommend a used, guaranteed model from a well-known and classic brand with a widespread assistance service in the area. Thanks