Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

information on 580SE

blee62 ยท 2009-09-24 19:01

i am new to this site i need help. i found a 580 SE with 4300 hrs. They are asking 14500. didnt know if good deal?

Replies4
  1. #1Phil2009-09-24 19:33

    Prices vary from area to area, country to country. I sometimes use the machinery trader site: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...x=exact&GUID=E97D09BCAB1340FE9AB3182E0BBD9C68 Used backhoes may be selling for much less than up here in Ontario, where they are right back up to pre recession prices. A few years ago I would have thought 14,500 U.S. sounds about right for a good 580E. The low hour meter reading means nothing to the smart buyer of a machine that old. Condition is everything. 4-wheel drive adds several thousand to the price. Extendahoe helps raise the price about $500. Two stick control is a nice selling point too. Buying it from a dealer....your likely to pay it's top value. Phil

  2. #2blee622009-09-24 20:22

    I also have a chance to buy 580 SE rebuilt cummings and trans. 16500.

  3. #3gggraham2009-09-24 22:58

    Blee: For 16,500 I'd expect a cab machine, extendahoe, 4WD. If you plan on buying a machine make sure you put it through stall tests. Hydraulic stall, transmission stall and combined stall. Get the machine up to operating temperature. Worn clutches in a transmission may appear to be OK if the machine is cold. Same with a worn hydraulic pump. If the guy selling won't let you do stall tests I'd stay away.

  4. #4blee622009-09-25 08:34

    thank you gggraham. what is stall test?