Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Inframing an old Deere 310 with a 4.219

wlhequipment ยท 2022-05-23 16:52

Hey folks, I'm doing an inframe on an old JD 310 with a 4.219. Sleeves and bearings, pistons, rings etc. I've read some horror stories about lubricating the sleeve seals / orings / packings etc. Or, more accurately, failure to lubricate them correctly. I have the rebuild specs, but no manual, so I don't know if they need special attention. I've done alot of inframes, just none on this particular engine. I understand I'm supposed to use soap to lubricate the seals? Like dishwashing soap? Is this true?

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612022-05-24 05:08

    Use this. It will not harm either the oil side O-ring or the coolant side O-ring.

  2. #2wlhequipment2022-05-25 14:14

    I got it! Almost 50 bucks from local dealer, but I guess it's worth it, so I don't screw things up I mean, more so than usual, that is. Thanks!

  3. #3Tyler d4c2022-05-25 18:18

    The bottle I've got I think has done 5or 6 engines so far and is more then half full so it goes a ways