Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Injection pump

Diesel66 · 2025-07-11 03:43

I have a Case 580K injection pump rebuild going on. My question is can the manual stopper be taken out if you have a solenoid stopper?

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2025-07-11 17:26

    Yes.. u really don’t need to disable the manual shut off.. Just tie the shut off lever to the run position.

  2. #2Diesel662025-07-14 03:12

    I can move the pump gear via the fan, is there a reason the barring tool is required?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2025-07-14 07:34

    What kind of pump do u have.? Either get some #’s off the nameplate or post a picture..

  4. #4alrman2025-07-15 17:30

    Welcome to HEF @Diesel66 You don't nessesarily need the barring tool - but, in some situations it is easier to use than accessing the fan & pushing on the fanbelt. Using the barring tool is very slow, pulling on the fan is much faster way to get things done.. Just be sure the battery is isolated or disconected & on older machines that the fuel shut off is pulled out. I'm guessing you dealing with a CAV pump? Do you care to share what your problem is with it?