Hey guys , is there a way to test your injectors one at a time like breaking the line at the injection pump or at the injector to verify it is working properly? My 580 runs a little rough at idle , seems to be misfiring , thanks in advance.
YUP, just as you described.. 1 at a x.. Just like pulling the wire on a spark plug.. Have a rag handy.. it gets messy..
Allow me to add don't let high pressure fuel spray against your skin and don't try this on a common rail engine.
in a relative skew, how about testing spray pattern and pop off pressure? That almost sounds like it'd need a special bench, any approximate costs, non common rail injectors.
You can get cheap imported testers on ebay for around a hundred bucks for testing removed injectors. I have one similar to this---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diesel-Inje...:g:SToAAOSwnFZXWFlq&item=201600134081&vxp=mtr this one ships from US if you're not in a hurry you can find them for 20 bucks less direct from india/etc... Mine came from poland but basically the same, you pump it up then turn the wheel on right side to up the pressure slowly and see where it pops: injector mounts on left side opposite wheel there I put a piece of card stock or glass to see pattern... not perfect but better than nothing You will also see a lot of them without the right side handwheel... these are harder to determine pop off pressure because you don't have the fine control over increasing the pressure just pumping the handle like a hydraulic jack.
On some engines, the old Perkins being the ones I think I recall, you removed the injector, turned it upside down, reconnected the injection line and cranked it over. Mind you it's probably best to have the other lines loose so it doesn't start.... Only a few engines are built in a way that this is possible. On a detroit injector, pull it, lay it flat on a paper towel at the edge of a workbench with the fuel rack all the way in, hit the injector top with the heel of your hand smartly, and look for the spray pattern on the paper.
Might inquire at your local friendly dealer. Most have a bench tester. When I was having issues I thought were related to fuel, my dealer checked mine for free and compared my results to acceptable factory specs. They do have a range where to pop off and the pattern is also very important. Mine were weak, popping off at the very lowest PSI. At $40 each, I just bought a set of 4...end of problem. Kind'a like buying a set of spark plugs rather than just one or two. With 7500 hours on 'em I wasn't gonna install them in the new engine.
my nearby deere dealer isn't too friendly, they threw down a charge of $1900 to change 2 wheel bearings when the axles shafts were delivered on a pallet, 800 for 2 hours of labor (better not take more than 2 hours)
What a shame when a dealer, rightfully in your case a STEALER, attempts to corn hole honest and hard working guys, just trying to get a tractor going.
One other thing I learned the hard way... make sure you bench test NEW injectors and adjust your pop off pressures if they don't meet spec.