Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410 A steering and swing but no loader function ??

wrwtexan ยท 2016-09-11 21:58

One of my precincts I service has a 410 A which after running a while the loader quits but the steering, swing, and stick functions still work (didn't try boom as I have a lockout valve installed for main valve leakoff). I have plenty of experience on the farm tractor side of it but am puzzled as to what valve could cause certain functions to fade or not work at all.

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-11 23:07

    My guess would be pressure control valve, bolted on the side of the trans case, loader valve pressure supply comes off of it?

  2. #2200lc12016-09-11 23:10

    There is a pressure control valve (flow divider) that feeds the steering and backhoe first. It is a 'y' shaped valve between the two filter housings, first inline IIRC on the pressure side from the hydraulic pump. That is on a straight 410 anyways.

  3. #3200lc12016-09-11 23:14

    Uhhh, I mean what he said

  4. #4Delmer2016-09-12 00:04

    Wherever it is and whatever it's called, it's function is to preserve steering in case of low hydraulic pressure, so it cuts off the flow to the loader when the pressure is below a certain level. Assuming if you're using the backhoe and steering at the same time you deserve it? So that's what it does, but that doesn't mean it's malfunctioning. Another leak or weak pump could cause the symptoms, AS FAR AS I KNOW.

  5. #5wrwtexan2016-09-12 01:13

    Thanks to all. I'll tap in and check main pressure and maybe fiddle with stroke control valve setting a bit.

  6. #6Willie B2016-09-12 07:23

    I think my manual called it a steering priority valve. Pressure falls below a set level, it limits flow to loader. Willie