Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Inland Crane’s yard.

oakland ยท 2009-11-01 23:39

I was on my way to Inland Crane's yard today, along the way I passed by a few of their crane's. Sadly the yard was locked up tight and I could only take pictures through the fence. but I did see some pretty interesting things out there. Sorry ATCO but the american crane still has not been assembled it has not even moved from the spot it has been for over 3 weeks now. Enjoy the pics! First up is the 275 ton Krupp and the link belt:

Replies12
  1. #1oakland2009-11-01 23:42

    Now on too the yard . When I first pulled in I caught a glimpse of this beast, I walked back along the fence line and got some pictures of it, they also had a tower crane set up and many other cranes sitting around. so I got what i could.

  2. #2oakland2009-11-01 23:44

    Does anyone know what is on that truck? I could not really get a good view of it. Is It part of a crane?:beatsme

  3. #3willie592009-11-02 00:27

    You did good with the pics oakland. I don't know what's on the truck/trailer. But I do see a Snorkel boom lift in the pic near the tower crane. Keep up the good work.

  4. #4kerst2009-11-03 10:03

    I think it is a Demag TC1200. The carrier is visible in another picture. Kerst

  5. #5oakland2009-11-08 14:51

    Kerst, Is their any way that it could be a Demag TC2000? They just set it up about 2 miles from here: there is a total of 6 cranes on this site, the Demag TC2000, a Grove HL150T, Lampson truck crane, a Krupp 275 tonne mobile crane, and an older Grove truck crane.

  6. #6liebherr11602009-11-08 15:47

    That first pic ...I dont think thats a 275 Krupp ,Its a hazy picture ..but it appears to be a Liebherr ..160-250 ton ..reason ..the front grill and the Krupp didnt have a 6 section boom ...it was 4..also Krupp didnt use the "ovaloid" boom design

  7. #7kerst2009-11-08 16:46

    It could very well be a TC2000. The TC1200 and the TC2000 are basically the same machine, the latter being a later model with more capacity, more counterweights and a wider outrigger base. kerst

  8. #8oakland2009-11-08 21:41

    That is probably the case... but are these two cranes not the same exact one? if so then it is a Krupp. but i know very little about cranes so...:beatsme

  9. #9D5G2009-11-08 22:41

    great pics oakland. keep up the good work.

  10. #10kosmokramer2009-11-08 23:32

    These are some cool pics

  11. #11liebherr11602009-11-09 20:44

    The old GMT 8250 Krupp is unmistakeable .. this picture is the Krupp KMK 6250 or the KMK 6275 ..the 250/275 were pretty much the same crane ..but ....right of the hop my friend you have an extra axle over the first picture .. This is a Krupp shown here..reason ..4 head lamp system,says Krupp in the counter weight .. notably on the upper ..is that little step at the front of the upper superstucture,thats where the swing motors are as well as the valves to set the free swing for road travel .. Also notice the tubes welded down the side of the heel section inside one of these the air lines for the boom dog's were run to the hose reels ..as well as some electrical ..Krupp Krupp had 2 aluminum ladder's on the deck that turned out and pivoted down ..to use ..they were not built into the carrier fender's, there were two ladder's mounted center either side in the carrier fender ..its also where the outrigger controls will be found .. for a total of 4 ladder's.. Notice the Krupp has no mount for a swing away ..because that it was an option on the 250/275 ..that crane in first photo does .. That first photo ...Out on a limb here ..but if you get closer and ask ..I'll say its a LTM 1160/2 Liebherr.... It may get refered to as a 190 Liebherr .. On the high end a 200ton...

  12. #12oakland2009-11-13 21:46

    Well... i guess it pays to count ha ha. i have some closer images of the liebherr that i will have to upload. thanks for the information about the liebherr and krupp i honestly never really payed attention to what manufacture made them.:beatsme:drinkup