I have a 110 john Deere backhoe with a quick disconnect front bucket. I would like any ideas /pic of making or installing a 2 inch ball so I can hock up to a trailer. It would have to be low to the ground Thanks
If you have a set of forks you can burn a hole and attach one on the fork tip. It's not legal safety wise but works good for moving light trailers.
You could bore a hole in the bucket; depending on how thick the metal is, you might need to use a doubler plate at the hole. How big is the trailer, and how big is the hoe? Any slopes you might be on? This could be easy-peasy, or a menace...
I would either make or buy something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-Skidsteer-Trailer-Receiver-Mount-Plate-Hitch-Bobcat-Case-Skid-Steer-REC-MP-/361166991738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54173af17a Ed
build something similar to a clamp on fork, minus the fork, with a receiver tube on it. Easy on/off, small, won't get in the way when you don't need it, easy to switch ball sizes . Like this http://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Receiver-tractors-skidsteer-buckets/dp/B00B0OOCBS
like this thanks