Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Insurance bought my D8H. So I bought a d7h

sledgehammer ยท 2017-03-19 10:27

So my 8H high horse had a fire start under the trans and burnt all the hoses. We got it out but it got hot enough to boil the oil in the torque so they wrote it off. I thought it was rather unfortunate because it was a premium old unit. And searching for a good used dozer can be time consuming So I called a neighbour who is a contractor to see if he had a machine he'd part with. He had a 7H series 2 that he wasn't using at the time, and he wanted to get into an 8T anyway. Higher hours, around 25,000, but the entire driveline was redone over the last 3 years and the undercarriage was all new around 400 hours ago. Diff steer and a cab and the whole shebang. Having a heated cab in Canada is pretty nice Well I've spent a few days with the 7H now and I've changed my mind. It wasn't unfortunate that the old girl burnt at all.... what an upgrade! And for hardly any money over my insurance payout. This thing is leaps and bounds faster at work. And so easy to operate. Maybe when it comes down to the nitty gritty it won't quite push what the old high horse 8 would but it's so much quicker getting around it doesn't matter %5BURL= http://s593.photobucket.com/user/pi...B772-9AF20C1FF4BD_zps2qypjs3s.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Replies0

No replies yet.