Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced insurer for trucks in Australia. Do you go 3rd party, fire and theft or full comprehensive? I've only got one quote so far and its $600 for 3rd party, fire and theft $1200 for full comprehensive any thoughts? Cheers, Nick
how big is the truck? $1200 sounds pretty cheap
Its a 6 wheeler tip truck. But its 1980... so its getting on a bit.
$1200 is pretty much the going rate for a truck, semis, B doubles and road trains will be more. Whether to go for full or partial cover is up to you, however if you employ a driver I would advise full, if you are the only driver then you know your capabilities and can make a decision from there. Seeing that the truck is not likely to cart expensive loads, you may not have to worry about load insurance which may well not be covered by third party.
OK thanks for the info, I don't think I will need load insurance for dirt and rubbish.