I bought a Int.3500A Hydro TLB at auction. It will travel in reverse, but very little movement in forward. I read about a high pressure o-ring leak,or maybe a split internal line. I did find a o-ring seal that looks funky, but no blown line. I sure could use some help on this, as I have no manual as yet. All other hydraulics work fine. Thank You.
I have been in a couple of those old INT machines and the news I have is all bad. The machines didnt have an enormous amount of hours and the failures were catastrophic. Price to fix if you could find all the parts was way more than the machines worth. Engines and trans were both weak points. You may get lucky and it is something minor so dont give up. Wish I could give you some good advise but my experience was all bad.
I am assuming this is a hydrostatic ,not a hydro-shuttle = what does the pressure gauge do ? forward ,reverse, neutral and when moving between
travel one direction Not having a schematic puts one being the 8 ball so to speak so we can only go off other hydrostatic transmission designs. On a conventual HST for a cotton picker/combine of that time period you would have a set of high pressure relief valves-normal travel in one direction would indicate a good piston pump and motor and charge pump but a bad high pressure relief valve in the weak line. If yours is set up this way switch high pressure relief valves and see if you have normal forward travel. There are other factors but this would be the first step in troubleshooting especially without a schematic. HTH, Tom
Thanks for the Replies. I have no Pressure gauges on the TLB. It is a hydrostatic. I talked to a couple IH. wrenchers in my area today, while getting some o-rings and filters. They mentioned swapping the relief valves to see if would move the other way. As I understood them, the relief valves are in the bottom of the case. I'm not sure how to get there. Have to drain the oil first. Still scratching my head.If I don't figure it out by Thurs., I'll ask them when I go back for more parts.
Still scratching my head.
Swapped Relief Valves today,changed Filters and O-Rings, but No Good. Sill moves very little forward, and more in reverse, but no REAL Power against a Tree. Now What ????
3500a Found a Cracked oil line inside the case after swapping relief valves. The machine now moves quite a bit, but cannot really push a lot, or fill the bucket. Should the pump cavity be filling all the way to the top? It will run out the fill hole if I don't put the plug in. Now I'm wondering if the Pump itself is leaking. Any Guesses or Experience with this? Thanks.