Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International 444E runs rough bad injectors?

mattyt1984 ยท 2020-05-01 21:45

I have a 1999 international with 444E. The driver side manifold is much colder that passenger side. The truck also has to be started on ether. I removed valve cover and started disconnecting injector wires to see if it would make engine run worse to determine if that injector was firing. I have 3 of the 4 on that side disconnected and engine runs the same as if they were connected. Could it be 3 bad injectors? Any ideas or things to check? I tried removing one because I have one new one but it's stuck and won't come out. Any trick to getting stuck ones out? Thanks for any help

Replies7
  1. #1RenoHuskerDu2020-05-01 22:15

    Buzz test it just like we do on the 7.3 Ford. Torqpro app could probably do it.

  2. #2funwithfuel2020-05-01 22:31

    I'd pull the injectors on that bank and look for a blown o-ring. If the o-rings are ok, I'd pull the high pressure manifold and look for a blown gasket . IIRC it's a tin gasket, fuel on one side oil on the other. Good luck.

  3. #3RenoHuskerDu2020-05-01 22:57

    It's Cat HEUI, right?

  4. #4mattyt19842020-05-01 23:07

    Yes heui

  5. #5_Weldman_2020-05-01 23:28

    I used a pickle fork to pop it out on the stuck number 8 one. A 1 5/8" one works if you get it in there right https://www.amazon.com/Astro-78807-5-Piece-Pickle-Separator/dp/B00P3O22PO . Though before that, unbolt it and try cranking it and see if it will launch across the shop

  6. #6funwithfuel2020-05-01 23:38

    You remove the screw that's exposed (8mm) then slide the retainer over. Then you use a lady foot to pry under the retainer. Itll pop right out. Make sure the retainer is not hung up on the other screw, you will bend it

  7. #7mattyt19842020-05-02 21:28

    Ended up being 2 bad injectors in driver side. I ran engine with no valve cover and I saw no oil coming out of oil exhaust. Runs great now.