I've got a weird problem right now. I started the truck Sunday night to move it, started as normal. Couldn't move truck due to slick clay, just spun out. Waited til Monday, when things froze enough to give it a go. I hit the key and nothing. Not only does engine not crank, I have no power to my dash at all. No lights, nothing. It's a mechanical shut down truck, so I jumped the starter and got it moved. I got time tonight to start searching for my problem and found entire fuse panel has power, but nothing to the key switch, and nothing to anything on the dash. Is there a solenoid, or relay I should be looking for that might be killing power to everything after the fuse panel? The wiring under the dash looks atrocious and somebody has made a mess of things long before I got this truck.
On the forward side of the bulkhead, behind a plastic cover is a ground cable that attaches with a 1/4" screw into the firewall. On the fuse block side of the firewall there will be another cable with a nut on the same screw. Make sure both sides are tight. Very often I've seen someone put a nut on the cab side and run it in with an impact and it just loosens the screw on the other side. It plays games with the relays.