Once this machine warms up, and your trying to ease up to a truck. You have to give more throttle than normal to get it to move. It like jerks forward, also jerks and like jump out of gear when you pull into stockpile. Only does this once warmed up. Been like this since I bought 2 years ago. I'm used to it but my help isn't. I've been told to add some Lucas, that it mite help. Tranny filter was changed and fluid in both sight glasses. Any help greatly appreciated
If it has a tach I would do a stall test Cold then Warm, what are the RPM?
Sounds like a faulty converter, Mike is right, you need to do a stall test.
If it has a tach I know it doesn't work. I'll see if I can find something on the ip.should be a cable drive tach right? Do these have some sort of lockup gizmo in the converter? I've noticed it doesn't like to push up topsoil unless it's wide open. That's when it starts pulling with the front end also. I used my friends 510 and it would push topsoil up, almost effortlessly. I have broke the front drive shaft ujoint out when pushing and it like pops out of gear, then jumps right back in gear. I'll see if I can rig up something for stall test.
If it just revs up without looking to put energy into drive when you push up against something I would say it would be the converter, I'm not familiar with the exact converter in the machine
That describes it perfect when warm, you have to give it half throttle to get it to move. It's real annoying when you stop about a foot short of the truck, then need to move up a foot. Thanks mike and bulldog
That's fine, I would get a price on a change over converter, the internet is a wonderful place, there are quite easy to replace if you have some equipment and take you time, take photos along the way so you know where all the parts go. I would suggest a changeover converter because you might get a 2 week loss of time waiting for the converter to be fixed and then you have to remember where everything goes!!! All the best