Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International clutch id

Agman101 · 2024-09-14 10:02

Hi there- I have a new to me 1983 Int. S1954, DT466 straight mechanical, Spicer 5 + Eaton 2 speed rear. My problem is id-ing the clutch, the Int. manuals list a bunch of different set-ups with accompanying codes. The truck has a Spicer 5852-A with an adjustable clutch brake. I think I have every possible manual and documentation from front to rear on the truck, with the exception of the clutch, a big hole. I do all my own wrench work so this is big irritation to me, anybody got a direction to go in? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1mekanik2024-09-14 10:44

    Can you post the last eight of the VIN or PM it to me?

  2. #2Agman1012024-09-14 11:20

    Hi there- DHB13555 thanks

  3. #3mekanik2024-09-14 11:55

    Their site says invalid VIN. Can you post the full 17 digits?

  4. #4Agman1012024-09-14 12:33

    1HTAA1951DHB13555, whose' site?

  5. #5mekanik2024-09-14 13:14

    Navistar's site. There is no info there I guess the truck is too old. There may be a plate on the back of the pressure plate with the model and part number of the clutch.

  6. #6Truck Shop2024-09-14 18:51

    It's either a 14" single disc or a 14" twin disc--with stamped steel clutch cover. Yours probably came with a organic {rag} clutch disc material, most all replacements will be ceramic three or four paddle discs. Below is with cast cover. *

  7. #756wrench2024-09-15 10:09

    Some medium duty IH trucks back then used that clutch pressure plate with the spanner type adjustment on the release bearing— Lipe/Rolway maybe?