Its been a while since running one of these, but I came across this ol girl at the local NH dealer today. Anyone else have any experience with these? Not too many of them around. This one has a touch over 4000 hours. It didn't look like it was in too bad of shape. Decent rails, probably 40% pins and good shoes. The cab needed one of those jumbo tree air fresheners though This was the precursor of the current Case 1850.
Looks like a nice machine.What would be the year?Looks like it would be nice to run.
I have patching them up for going on 9 yrs now. Same drivetrain as a case 1850. Final drive seals can be a problem. With 4000 hrs showing the torque converter has been out once to be updated. Most stoped moving around 1800 hrs. Cab trim is different than a case and not available. steering controls are different than a case. How does it steer when warmed up? Not too many dealers have the tool ( called a BB3) to plug in and adjust steering. AC is a bit small for cab. Thats the good news Now the bad...... does the transmission blow oil from breather? You will know cause blows onto the exh manifold and turbo. Dont expect overnight parts. I have machines in the shop that waited 2 months before a needed part was available. We had a new unit on the lot that was striped for parts to keep other new customer machines running. Other than that........ its a good machine
Hello motrack, I am new to this site, found it while looking for info on these machines. I currently have the engine out of one for an overhaul as it had been hot and scored cylinders. Customer also stated that converter had been leaking. After seeing you post about the converter failures and " update ", would like to know more about the specifics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I am also in need of information regarding the brakes. Ours will not release and getting a couple lights on the dash after this started. Any ideas??? Not making any cash with the machine sitting, and need it going. Appreciate the feedback! Thanks!