Dumb question, how difficult is it to find parts for a TD12? Are there any other international dozers that parts will work for it? Thank you
The guys at Red Power Forum - Construction Equipment may have an answer for you - they specialize on that stuff. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/forum/9-ih-construction-equipment/ gg
Yair . . . Actually I didn't know there was such a thing as a TD12, I don't think there were many over here. Cheers.
There u go scrub u learn something every day, TD 12 s have been around for many yrs, or Dressta s as they are now, have the 2 speed steering same as the bigger Dressta dozers.
Just looking up the Dressta site and see they make a 7, 8, 9, 10, & 14 as well as the 15 , 20, 25 & 40.
Yair . . . Gotcha R.D.G013 , thanks for heads up that would be a real nice little tractor . . . 'fraid I'm a lot behind the times and I do learn every day. (grins) Cheers.
I appreciate the help the issue I'm having is water getting in the tranny fluid I'm thinking the little cooler exchange on the side of the engine is bad just wondering if any other models have the similar cooler?
Don't know what the later machines have in the way of trans coolers but the 15 & 20s in the B & C series had air to oil cooling as in a separate radiator for the trans oil, don't know wether the later ones went to a heat exchanger for their cooling.
The 12 was dropped recently and it is now called a 14. I have a TD-12C Dresser, non lgp it has a long track frame and a 6 way blade, I have spent quality time on the big C machines and in fact I was recently on a job and they brought in a new 6K and told me that I needed to try it, it was nice and had a great cab, but I liked the 12 better. I really like the 12.
To answer your question trace the transmission cooler lines, if they go near the water system on the tractor start their, also look for places where rain water or in my case river water might find a way in.
Sumthin' you want to confess here ? Pictures would be nice too.....
International Harvester made the TD12 for a while before selling to Dresser (first ones used the DT 466 engine and had 110 horsepower) TD 12C Dresser used a 5.9 cummins at 125 horsepower. When Komatsu and Dresser combined They used the cummins, ramped it up to 140 horsepower and called it a TD 12 CXP. I have a 1997 Komatsu-Dresser TD 12 CXP w/10ft 6-way blade and it is a fine machine. With rippers weighs about 35,000 #. It has been totally trouble free. Dresser continued to make the TD 12 CXP for many years, as did Dresta They are still making it, now called a 14
I ran a TD-15C quite a lot several years ago and I considered it one of the nicer dozers I ever ran,it just did everything well.I have run a lot of IH stuff over the years but that 15c really stood out in my opinion so I can see why you would like that TD-12.Ron G