Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International TD15C Track Adjuster Problem

Aussie Sapphire · 2017-10-28 01:48

Hello All, I have a International TD15C ,its a Great machine but I have a really silly Question: I have all the Books and I know the Track Adjuster Grease Nipple should be just behind the Idler under a Bolted Cover. Problem Is Mine does not seem to have this Cover held with two Bolts,what the Hell am I doing wrong?? Its very frustrating as I should be on top of this working as a Diesel Fitter but without Breaking the Track to look deeper Im buggered if I can see how to access the Nipple. Please,please help. Cheers Andrew Lane Australia

Replies8
  1. #1DMiller2017-10-28 07:08

    Photo, and rough year of machine. There are so many variations to a theme in equipment over the years as to hydraulic adjusters.

  2. #2td15c2017-10-28 08:27

    There's a plate on top of the track adjuster fork that slides with the fork number 14. there's a slot in that plate about 2x4 inch. dig down through the slot till you get to the fork there will be a grease fitting contersunk in the fork. If your track adjuster is all the way back it it can push the access slot half back under the track frame making it harder to find and use.

  3. #3Aussie Sapphire2017-10-28 21:24

    Thanks so much,found it all sorted. I expected a Bolted Cover over it. I must be getting old and silly.

  4. #4td15c2017-10-29 07:30

    Glad to help nice to see one more 15c still working

  5. #5mcart0442024-10-23 15:37

    I have a TD15 and can’t find the nipple. Can anyone help me????

  6. #6Mcrafty12024-10-25 05:44

    I don't now have, nor have I ever had a TD15 but I cant imagine the grease fitting for the track tightener being very far from where the picture above shows that one is located. I'm sure someone will be along to give you a more definitive answer though. It may have been broken off on the side you looked, check both sides, I can't imagine both being gone.

  7. #7FWD2024-10-25 21:16

    I had a TD15-C and where it shows in the picture is where it was on my 15C. Perhaps the fitting is broke off. FWD

  8. #8DMiller2024-10-26 06:58

    Or someone installed a blanked plug for some reason.