G'day! I'm currently attending my last year of a co-op diploma program for Heavy Equipment here in Ontario. For a final year project a few of us are doing some extensive work to an old 1978 or so International Tractor, Model 2410B-D. My main concern is making sure the transmission is functioning properly and my hope is that someone here on the forums will have some experience with this machine...or any similar. We will not be using the old 3 cylinder diesel out of it, or any of the hydraulics. Information I'm looking for: I would like manuals There is two input shafts for the transmission - an inner and an outer. The outer seems to drive the hydraulic pump, I suppose that leaves the inner to drive the transmission...but when I turn it nothing happens. Does it require hydraulic pressure to engage gears/clutches? Really any information pertaining to this tractor or any like it would be very helpful. Thank you!
I'm not sure this is the best forum for help with this tractor. I would Google it, and see what other sites show. I know all kinds of parts are available for the old Farmall units. I'm sure manuals are available maybe on E-Bay or many other places. Last year I ordered a set of Decals for an old Super-C unit I think. Good luck and I hope you get the thing painted and back to working as original. I would like to see a picture although I know very little about this tractor.
Ah, I will check out some auction sites for the manual. I'm not really familiar with any other forums that might help me out. I suppose there has to be one geared toward Internationals somewhere out there. You referred to it as a Farmall ... this one as far as I know is a harvester, although I'm not really sure what Farmall describes. Is it a generic name, or something specific to Internationals?
In our part of the country farmall means hi crop. Not familiar with 2410 (probably utility version) in this area, but if you had a row crop eqivilant, might be able to help a little.
You might search here for the number. http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/Farmall_tractors.html
You could look at these websites. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php This one for the specifications. http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/3/131-international-harvester-2410b.html
I have a few hundred hours of seat time in a 2400-B, which I'm guessing is very similar. It's an industrial tractor with the 3 cyl motor, loader, 3 pt hitch, PTO and aux rear hydraulics. I never had to split the tractor, so you could tell me more about the pump and transmittion setup than I can tell you. The machine I'm familiar with has a wet brake, I can't remember if it had a wet clutch as well. If it's a tractor with a PTO, the input shafts could be PTO and gear box respectively. Is the hydraulic pump driven off the same input shaft as the gear box? Try putting the transmission in 4th gear high and rotate one of the rear wheels. Which input shaft moves? Engaged the PTO and rotate it. Does the inner shaft rotate?
Ah, Thank you for everyone's input. It seems SSB Tractor has the manual that I need to be able to work on the transmission. I'll start by purchasing it!