Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Intro and New backhoe owner

Mfromsc · 2023-10-19 15:18

Just bought a Case 580 D money pit, oops I mean backhoe, lol. I ordered the owners manual, service manual and the parts catalog, but its in pretty good shape, some hoses will be replaced before they go, all the pins and bushings seem to be in good shape, no movement on the swing tower, it picked itself off the ground at idle with no problem etc. Now you all will have to put up with me lol, i'm looking forward to our future discussions.

Replies10
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-10-19 15:27

    Welcome to HEF, Mfromsc ! I wish you had posted sooner. I have all the manuals for your 580D. You coulda had them for free.

  2. #2Mfromsc2023-10-19 17:00

    Thanks for the offer, but i prefer an actual book if you had the PDF.

  3. #3edgephoto2023-10-20 00:55

    Welcome

  4. #4HarleyHappy2023-10-20 11:56

    I got mine off Amazon as I prefer an actual manual.

  5. #5skyking12023-10-20 15:27

    Welcome aboard!

  6. #6NH575E2023-10-20 16:55

    Welcome to HEF!

  7. #7AllDodge2023-10-20 17:24

    Welcome

  8. #8Tinkerer2023-10-21 07:50

    It is quite easy to print a .pdf if you have a printer. I prefer .pdf's in a laptop because of the ability to enlarge the pages. Once in a while I will print individual pages. Especially parts book pages.

  9. #9gypsycatfish2023-10-21 14:05

    I buy the pdf and a ream of 3 hole paper and print it out. A little more effort, but you have both options. Just make sure you use a laser printer, I don’t think ink jets are waterproof.Working on heavy equipment is a big challenge and expensive, anything that helps is worth considering.

  10. #10Legdoc2023-10-21 22:39

    Welcome to HEF!