Hello, have any of you guys worked with IPD replacement parts for Caterpillar engines? How's the quality? Did you have any installing issues? How's IPD to work with? Regards!
Did use some of them a few years back. Don't think the chrome on the pins is anywhere as heavy as Cat factory. Almost seemed on the pins we had to be more cosmetic than a wear surface. Also had a problem with a tube for the track adjuster on I believe a D6 that had a miss-drilled hole for the grease port, believe that was corrected with the replacement part but did delay completing the repair. Does Cat offer the "Cat Classic" parts in Europe? Assume they are also aftermarket parts but at least have a Cat dealer to back them up if there is a problem.
Yes Yes, we do have Classic parts. So as I understand IPD offers other parts for CAT equipment other than engine parts?
IPD engine parts to me are as good as if not better than OEM items, the range and technical back up is "Crack on" they cost a fair bit more than the usual non OEM stuff but I think its the best engine parts you can buy, I have used I.P.D. pistons and liners on CAT Cummins and Detroit engines and found them always made to the tightest limits, this is easy to spot when fitting cylinder liners into a counterbore style block, I have just fitted a piston and liner set into a CAT D342 engine, I know they will out last CAT parts as they dont make Diggers and Dumpers, they just make top quality Engine components, I dont know if they make any Machinery parts I have only used I.P.D. stuff on Motors. tctractors
tctractors, thanks for your reply. A "hands on" experience info is very valuable. Regards!
Used them, with no problems
Thank you KWD for your reply. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with these parts. Regards!
No personal experience (because I used to work for a Cat dealer) but a friend of mine who's opinions I trust used nothing but IPD parts in all his engine rebuilds. That included everything up to and including 3500 engines. If you want to talk to him about his experiences then send me a PM and I'll give you his e-mail address.
Thanks! Regards!