I took these pics a few years ago when US PIPE Burlington was still producing ductile iron pipe. We had the contract to haul out all of the slag, as the onsite landfill was to capacity. The American rail crane and American Knuckle boom(correct name?) both had 12v71 detroits in them. Does anyone have any info about them?
Here is a few pics of my old 980G and Zaxis 330. Also a couple of US PIPE's liebherr and cat material handlers. I have a few more of the MH's if you want to see them. I always liked the pic of the slag pouring out of the blast furnace. I was probably 150-200 ft. away and the heat was brutal from that far.
boy them there railcars seen better days
Cable reeler.
Yep. Hot molten slag, usually around 3000 degrees, can be felt a long way off. It can stay molten for a long time too, after the outside forms an insulating crust. It sure plays hell on tires and hydraulic hoses. Also bucket pins and bushings and bucket leading edges. The derned stuff is also very heavy, unless it's run thorough a popcorn maker. It's for sure some stuff you have to operate around very carefully. I really don't miss working around it much, the entire operation is very hard on machinery.
what do you want to know about the 12V71's?
Those are some pretty cool pictures, where were they taken ? Looks like a South Jersey environment to me, but what do I know !
BCB, I was wondering if anyone had more info about the American rail machines. All i know about them is that they have 12v71 detriots in them and that they are diesel-electric. I would like to know how old they are and if there are any other configurations made. Danny, The pics are from US Pipe in burlington, right on the delaware river.
Last summer we hauled two cranes passed that place, pretty impressive in size. We took the cranes into a small lot up the road from the factory, just around the bend from the large dirt lot where it was said NJ Transit parks buses ? Thanks for sharing.
how bout 1 of these i got the pict on line ITS NOT MINE their I said it! not much info sorry
Well, for starters thats a Poclain Hc300. Looks like they modified the excavator portion into a pile driving rig of some sort. Possibly a drop hammer, from the winches I see mounted where the boom was. Where was this, some backyard slapstick auction?