Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there a picture or diagram of the intake inside the fuel tank of a Cat 950F?

Kurt Montandon ยท 2026-02-21 11:26

I'm having almost exactly the same power loss issue as this guy: HeavyEquipmentForums I'm 99% certain it's a fuel flow problem, because it sometimes continues when put in neutral, before it slowly revs back up. It can take a few minutes to get back up to full power (2-2200 RPM) after taking it out of gear. So I'm either sucking air in somewhere, or the intake is clogged. I don't have the option of draining or removing the tank, but I am wondering what the intake looks like, in case there's some chance I can push a brush down around in there and unclog it (assuming that's the problem). I've sumped the tank a bit from the bottom drain, and there's a bit of particulate, but nothing serious. Both the fuel filters & water separator are new, as are both air cleaning elements), and they're all snugged down - I might take the water separator housing apart again to see if there are any bad rings, but the filter is new. Anyone have a pic or a diagram of the intake & screen?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2026-02-21 14:33

    Try posting a machine Serial Number. It helps a lot when looking for information.

  2. #2Nige2026-02-21 16:45

    Have you tried blowing compressed air backwards down the fuel feed line to the tank.? If there was anything blocking the suction tube in the tank that ought to fire it backwards into the main part of the tank.

  3. #3Kurt Montandon2026-02-23 13:27

    I'll look into that, though I'll have to figure out some kind of adapter first.