I replaced link assemblies (same brand) on both my Komatsu PC200-7 and Hitachi ZX200 two years ago. Both sets of tracks developed the same problem. It looks like seizure on the pin/bush.The machines did about 1800 to 2000 hrs when the problem occured. The supplier says: 'Sorry, our warranty is 12 months/1500 hrs, can't help, but try diesel to free it." Really?. The machines worked on general hire, but never in water, and even working in water daily shouldn't cause it. Any suggestions on how to free the pin/bush?
Good day Bosvark That looks kind of familiar see the links https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3CHoxRUD5qAZlVGcmdVUERLb00/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3CHoxRUD5qAc2pFaHVfb0dGSVU/view?usp=sharing Kind regards Uffex
Thanks for the reply, uffex. I'm trying to get the supplier to assist by stripping and cleaning the link assemblies, but so far no luck. I'll tighten the screws some more on the supplier, hopefully they will come to the party.
1) Change that idler because it's shot. 2) put the track on right, tension it up as tight as you can until you're a bit afraid of adding more grease. 3) Fasten seat belt snugly 4) run it as fast as you can over the hardest surface you can find for a while. 5) If you have shallow water hand, running it back and forth over river rock with the links underwater may actually help 6) laugh at me, everybody thinks I'm crazy anyway
Hey lantrax is there and unspoken step that involves beer and a cowboy hat ? Lol with almost 2000 hrs in 2 years I'm surprised they froze
Have read many times from experienced operators, running in water actually does free up the links.
How do you see that the idler is shot? Is it worn down? It looks about the same as mine with 4000 hrs.
I forgot 3.5) Snug down cowboy hat, lean out the cab door and holler "Hold my beer and watch this boys!" I wonder if this is a set and forget loading job? 2000 hours but how much track travel yeah?
Maybe it's just my old eyes. The fact that the inside link is riding on the outside surface of the idler wheel may be causing me to see an optical delusion.
Thank you all for the replies. The idler is 100%, pic taken while fitting the track after replacing the final drive. I suspect the seized up track contributed to the failure of the final drive. The problem first occured at 1800 to 2000 hours, but to date the machine clocked 2800 hours with the set of tracks in question. The machine works on general hire, not dig and load application only, it's done a fair amount of walking. Wear currently is 1mm on link height and 1mm wear on the bush.