Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 317 Auto Shutdown

nedly05 ยท 2008-06-25 20:54

I bought the 3pt hitch attachment from skid steer solutions, it is a slick little rig but when I set my aux. hyds. to detent and go to get out the machine shuts down, I called the dealer and they told me to look through the manual, but I came up with no way to disable it. It is inconvienient because I bought it primarily to use my chipper. I know there is a way to disable it because you wouldnt be able to use the backhoe attachment if there wasnt. Thanks for any help!

Replies4
  1. #1MXZ2008-06-25 21:02

    Up on the left side of the dash by the heater controls, qt release, etc, is a toggle with a piston looking thing on it. Turn on your auxillary and then push that toggle. You then have like 10 or 15 seconds to exit the cab and it will continue to run. Your dealer must not sell a lot of skids. Hope this helps.

  2. #2nedly052008-06-26 05:08

    Thank you MXZ, I had wondered what that was, my dealer primarily sells farm equipment, but recently started selling yellow tractors, I knew when I was on the phone with the guy that he had no clue!! Thanks again MXZ!:thumbsup

  3. #3Deereman2008-06-29 15:27

    Nedly05, I hate to hear that about someone selling Deere's Esp skid steers. I used to stay with customers as long as it took and made dang sure they had my # for questions like that.:Banghead

  4. #4nedly052008-06-30 05:30

    I'm very happy with this dealer, but it seems like they should know the answer to a question like that.