Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there such a thing as Kenworth T-6000?

John White ยท 2014-04-17 20:04

I have sort of been looking around for a box truck. Somewhere around 2003-04. I have found several Freightliners M-2 and Int. 4300. I seen a fellow have a 2003 Kenworth T-6000 (that's the way he has it listed) I did a google search and cant fined a T 6000 only a T 600. This truck is rated at 26K. I have never seen a Kenworth rated that low. I want to stay under CDL. He says it has a 10k front axel and a 20k rear. It has a 3126 Cat. 295K miles. He is asking $14k for it. I presently have a FL 70 with 8k front and 19k rear. Under CDL. What is your opinion on this truck as compared to others?

Replies3
  1. #1barklee2014-04-17 20:33

    If its a T-300, which it sounds like what it should be...... then i would say its a good truck. I have a 2004 model that i bought in 2006 and its been very reliable with no problems at all other than the radiator rotted out and a seal went bad in the oil cooler. Mine has a Cummins 8.3.

  2. #2John White2014-04-18 19:43

    It must be a T-300. Any one had any experience with one? Are they that much better than a Int or a Freightliner in that weight range, 26K GVW.

  3. #31466IH2014-04-18 21:40

    They seem to hold up better as a service truck. The dashes and doors on the int and freightliners are junk in my opinion Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk